Grass is a plentiful item in Minecraft. It grows throughout every biome except for oceans, deserts, mesas, and iceberg biomes. This makes grass widely available for players to use and grow.How to make a Grass Block in Minecraft
There are three different grass variants in Minecraft. There are tall grass blocks that grow in all sorts of biomes and can reach two blocks high. These tall grass blocks are often found in plains and forest biomes.There are grass blocks that only grow up to one block high. These are quite common and often drop wheat seeds when mined. When sheared, these grass blocks will drop a grass block which players can place elsewhere.
While it may not seem like it, grass blocks can actually be a bit of a rare thing to find in your inventory in Minecraft. That’s because you can’t just break a grass block and pick it up with any old tool. If you do, you’ll just get a dirt block. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to break and pick up grass blocks, how to make grass grow in Minecraft, and a few tips on how to grow grass faster in Minecraft to boot.
Also, Read More:- How to Make Seeds in Minecraft
A grass block is available in the following versions of Minecraft:
- Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac)
- Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE)
- Minecraft Xbox Editions
- Minecraft PS Editions
- Minecraft Nintendo
- Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
- Minecraft Education Edition
Where to find this grass block in Creative Mode
You can find a grass block in the Creative Inventory menu
- Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac) : Building Blocks
- Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE) : Building Blocks and Nature
- Minecraft Xbox Editions : Building Blocks and Nature
- Minecraft PS Editions : Building Blocks and Nature
- Minecraft Nintendo : Building Blocks and Nature
- Minecraft Windows 10 Edition : Building Blocks and Nature
- Minecraft Education Edition : Building Blocks and Nature
How to get a Grass Block in Survival Mode
- Find a Grass Block
You need to find a grass block in your Minecraft world. You can easily find grass blocks in most Overworld biomes.
- Hold a Tool with Silk Touch and Mine the Grass Block
First of all, you need to achieve silk touch enchantment, and for this first, you need to build an enchantment table. Unfortunately, Minecraft enchantments have a degree of randomness. Adding enchantments to Minecraft offers something great in the game, which is why players have to add enchantments frequently.
Players need to increase the odds around the enchantment. Once the players get the silk touch enchantment, they can use the enchantment table to enchant the shovel or pickaxe.
Adding an enchantment in Minecraft requires the player to place in the right slot the several lapis lazuli (most expensive enchantment level of 3). In the left slot, place the tool necessary for the enchantment screen. Now silk touch will present in one of the three appears options. To complete the transaction, players have to click this enchantment. If you get the enchantment book of silk touch, please use the smithing table to enchant a tool.
If players want to crop grass blocks with another attractive tool, they must move to the anvil. Although anvils spend more iron in Minecraft, they can still combine enchanted instruments with extra enchantments.Players with enchanted books in Silk Touch can use the tool located on the far left side of the anvil menu in conjunction with the enchantment in the middle block.
- Pick up the Grass Block
Make sure you pick up the grass block before it disappears. Once you pick up the grass block, it will appear in your hotbar.
Item ID and Name
A a grass block has the following Name, ID and DataValue
- Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac) : Grass Block (minecraft:grass) 2 0
Grass Block (minecraft:grass_block) 2
- Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE) : Grass Block (minecraft:grass) 2 0
- Minecraft Xbox One : Grass Block (minecraft:grass) 2 0
- Minecraft PS4 : Grass Block (minecraft:grass) 2 0
- Minecraft Nintendo Switch : Grass Block (minecraft:grass) 2 0
- Minecraft Windows 10 Edition : Grass Block (minecraft:grass) 2 0
- Minecraft Education Edition : Grass Block (minecraft:grass) 2 0
Give Command for Grass Block
- Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac) 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, 1.16, 1.17, 1.18, 1.18.1, 1.18.2 and 1.19, the /give command for Grass Block: /give @p grass_block 1
- In Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac) 1.8,1.9, 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12, the /give command for Grass Block is: /give @p grass 1 0
- In Minecraft PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition : /give @p grass 1 0
Tips for Growing Grass Faster in Minecraft
To make grass grow even faster in Minecraft, it’s often been suggested that you need to raise the light level in the surrounding area. The best and easiest way of doing this is to place torches by the grass blocks that you want to grow.
Congratulations! You now know how to make grass blocks in minecraft.You can’t craft a glass block in Minecraft. You only find them or grab them. After reading this article, we hope that you quickly get a grass block of any method and add them to your inventory list. All The best !