Whether you’re trying to create an indestructible armor set to take on the Ender Dragon or you’re planning a huge raid and would like to beef up your weaponry, Minecraft Enchantments are one of the best ways to give yourself an advantage in Minecraft. It’s a fairly straightforward process, but it does take a little getting used to. There are also a lot of items involved and a lot of guidelines to remember. Sharpness in Minecraft
Sharpness is one of the most widely-used enchantments and it’s also one of the most useful. An enchantment that can be applied to any sword or axe in the game, Sharpness makes your weapon all the better and because of that, you should always use it.Sharpness is an enchantment in Minecraft that can be applied to any sword or axe you find or craft. The Sharpness enchantment increases the amount of attack damage dealt to a player or mob. It’s easy to obtain and has a maximum level of five, which is more than most enchantments have a maximum level of three.It’s an enchantment you should always use. How do you do that though? Fear not, we’ve got you covered. Here’s how to get Sharpness & what it does in Minecraft.
Sharpness in Minecraft
The Sharpness enchantment Command is available in the following editions:
- Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac)
- Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE)
- Minecraft Xbox Editions
- Minecraft PS Editions
- Minecraft Nintendo
- Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
- Minecraft Education Edition
Enchantment ID and Name
Sharpness has the following enchantment ID and Name values
- Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac) : Sharpness (minecraft:sharpness) , 16
- Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE) : Sharpness (minecraft:sharpness) , 9
- Minecraft Xbox Editions : Sharpness (minecraft:sharpness) , 9
- Minecraft PS Editions : Sharpness (minecraft:sharpness) , 9
- Minecraft Nintendo : Sharpness (minecraft:sharpness) , 9
- Minecraft Windows 10 Edition : Sharpness (minecraft:sharpness) , 9
- Minecraft Education Edition : Sharpness (minecraft:sharpness) , 9
What It Does
Sharpness is an enchantment that increases melee damage of the sword or axe it’s been applied to. Each level adds a multiplier of 1.25 times the damage. So, at level one, your sword is 1.25 times more powerful than it was without the enchantment. This multiplier continues to level five.
What we need to add Enchantment
- Enchanting Table
- /enchant command
How to Get It
- To get Sharpness, you must first acquire an Enchantment Book. To do that, you need a book and three Lapis Lazuli.With those materials in hand, open the enchant menu and combine those items to craft an Enchantment book.
- Now that you’ve got that, head to an Enchantment Table or an Anvil. Once here, place your sword or axe down. Select Sharpness out of the Enchantment Book and apply it to the weapon.
- Depending on the level of Sharpness you selected, your weapon should now show that it’s been enchanted with either level one, two, three, four or five Sharpness.
Also, Read More: Feather Falling in Minecraft
Items to Enchant with Sharpness
Enchant Command for Sharpness
Enchant Command is same in all Minecraft Editions ( Java , PE , Xbox , PS , Nintendo , Win10 , Edu )
- Enchant Command for Sharpness level I : /enchant @p sharpness 1
- Enchant Command for Sharpness level II : /enchant @p sharpness 2
- Enchant Command for Sharpness level III : /enchant @p sharpness 3
- Enchant Command for Sharpness level IV : /enchant @p sharpness 4
- Enchant Command for Sharpness level V : /enchant @p sharpness 5
In Minecraft, the Sharpness enchantment can not be combined with the following enchantments:
- Bane of Arthropods
We hope that we have helped you better understand the mechanics of sharpness in Minecraft and how to use it in the gameplay. If you ever have doubts then we hope that you refer to this article to clear them. The next time that you play Minecraft don’t forget to try this feature.